Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Well, You Asked For It!

So ... just coming back from one of the most awesome, emotion-filled, emotionless, and overall exhausting trips EVER. Don't want to go back. I hate what I'm coming back to. There's nothing in it, aside from the so-called 'education'. But I would feel like such a wimp if I quit! It's like the tables have turned, and now Israel is fantasy-land, the land of plenty, the place I want to be. America is the hell-hole it always should have been, though I'll probably forget that the minute I get re-sucked in.
Chana's gone. The last day we were in school together, I was sitting next to her in Mishlei class, and all of a sudden it hit me: there will be an empty desk next to me the next time we have this class, regardless of whether or not someone else occupies it. There will be no one to pass my yoman to to scribble notes in and secretly pass it over while the teacher is looking the other way. No one to skip down to Good Morgan's or the bakery at the drop of a hat. I pretty much broke down and ran to the bathroom.
That's it. It's finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home