Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Giving Up

I need sleep. Not just because I'm falling asleep; also because the lack thereof is tricking me into thinking terrible things. It's making me depressed. It's giving my life the monotony of waking up in the morning initiating a wish that extends throughout the day to go right back to bed. Please, no comments telling me to just force myself. It's a lost cause. I've lost all self-discipline; I know it, because my two main goals in life are to lose weight (I gained 20 pounds since the beginning of last year) and to get more sleep.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ernest Scribbler said...

maybe little steps. what help me (when i'm trying to crack down on my lack of self-descipline) is not to set definitive goals like that, but to see if i can keep it up for one week. To say, for example, my project this week is to see if i can get into bed at midnight every night, no excuses for a week. It sounds easy, but it's not. It's worth trying to accomplish these baby steps and build up confidence in your ability to fulfill a goal and eventually...

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home