Saturday, November 13, 2004

Stronger Atlas

The grandparents are still here; leaving on Monday. It was enlightening and frusturating in turn; Savta really does know eveything about everyone. I just wish she didn't always have to know everything about me.
I feel like the fact that I was placed in soprano gives me a kind of power. In Israel, the sopranos were the elite, girls the teacher would take out of class to teach the special harmony. Their part was always so much better; everyone wanted to be them. Now I'm a part of that elite group. I'm special. I'm not ashamed of my voice anymore - au contraire, I raise it in pleasure, and screw anyone who tells me I sing through my nose! I'm really loving it. All because I was so hyper I had the guts to sing The Star-Spangled Banner at the top of my voice during auditions.
My English teacher has been super-sweet to me, showering me with compliments. It doesn't add up; one second she thinks I'm about to prove to the class that she never got a teacher's degree, the next she's praising me for my excellent, expression-ful reading of The History of the Kings of Britain.
By the way, Tsiona, someone from poetry.com found your blog and sent you an offer through the mail on one of the poems you wrote. Papa calls it a scam; I think it's pretty cool!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ernest Scribbler said...

how come i can't access tsiona's blog? I haven't been able to get on there for a month! Liege, way to go with the sopranos...maybe you can start a mafia...

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home