Sunday, January 02, 2005

One of those movies that stirs the senses until you can hardly contain yourself

I went to the Phantom of the Opera last night with BR and CW. The artistic aspect was breathtaking! The costumes were meticulously placed and Minnie Driver was excellent. Christine was good, but all she really had to do was look dazed, in love, and cry. Raoul was good, too, but the Opera Ghost drove me crazy. He is not supposed to be a character that could-have-been, if not for the half of his face that wasn't. He was supposed to be wholly and completely. And I found that he was emotional enough the scene where she first rips of his mask in the cave; like all that mattered was he say the lines of the song.
But it was a great film, I was hopping in my seat it caught so many important things.

By the way, I hope everyone makes sure that the time at the bottom of their blogs are correct before they publish their posts!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ernest Scribbler said...

or a line like "who is this handsome count Olaf you kepp talking about?"

4:12 PM  
Blogger Lela Harbinger said...

or "i think i will build her a cake!"

6:56 PM  
Blogger Lela Harbinger said...

or like staying fat for sarah byrnes

7:10 PM  
Blogger Lela Harbinger said...

batya's is from the last unicorn, the book.
naftali's is from lemony snicket, this movie we saw with jim carrie.
my first is from napoleon dynamite that naftali rented and we watched.
my second is this amazing book i picked up in barnes and noble one day and can't get enough of.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home